Workout Plan



Working out is always a challenge (for me at least!).

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself..I actually love getting outside, being in the fresh air...but I find that during the winter months I get caught up in projects that keep me on the computer, or crafting, or inside with friends. Going to the Gym is generally NOT my idea of a good time and I would SO rather be outside running, hiking, kayaking....you get the point :) Living in Vancouver is conducive to all of these things. Thank goodness! But it gets dark sooooooo early in the winter months and when you are getting home after work, the last thing you feel like is going out in the pitch black.

So, here is the great idea.
A wonderful coworker decided to create a FIT club so we could monitor and encourage each other. So far I am loving the idea and even though it is quite new...I think it is helping to hold ourselves accountable. One of the members has done some amazing feats. Think climbing Mt. Kiliminjaro (sp?) and running marathons. At the last meeting she showed me  her chart for running. Obviously I have seen game plans, etc. (they are wonderful) for running 10K, half marathon, etc. etc. But her plan mapped out her two months training period and left in time for breaks and even an extra week for unplanned sickness. The really IMPORTANT PART is... she had identical boxes underneath each days workout to record what she actually ended up doing. This is such a great way to not over glorify one or two workouts that suddenly become four workouts in your mind. If you are busy as I am...it is easy to think.."Oh yah..I totally worked out every day last week". Also, you could take it to another step and tally up the total km's ran or time spent for each week. This allows you to flip your schedule around a bit if you get busy one day and make up for it the next.

The pic above is of my very crude chalkboard version. But don't judge :) because I am learning to do things now instead of waiting until the day I have time to make a perfect chart. Some of my letters stand for Yoga, Running, boring Gym and Dancing (I use my Xbox dance game and let me tell you how hard a workout that can be...crazy time).

Christie  – (February 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM)  

Love it! If you ever want to add aquafit to your routine you can always come with me as my guest ;)

Mark –   – (February 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM)  

That's a good idea, she should join you every once in a while!...even if there are George Clooney look-a-likes there ; )

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A little bit about us...

I am a creative person who LOVES all things that are beautiful.
I am also a crazy nerd and *ahem* occasionally I... { click here}

Follow us...

Get Twitter paited
Follow on Bloglovin
Email: info(at)anotherframeofmind.com

Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.

~M.W. © Another Frame of Mind

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP